A collaboration tool is something which helps people collaborate with as much ease as possible. With the ever-changing & fast moving world, even small businesses needs their documents & resources available all the time in their office, at home, from their PCs, laptops, mobile & even tablet.
It is a great time to consider how a business could be benefit from the online collaboration tools available in the market.
The top 10 most commonly used collaboration tools these days are:
- Wiki – allows multiple users to collaborate & share documents relatively easily using a What you see is What you get (WYSIWYG) editor or using a very lightweight markup language.
- Google Docs – allows to share documents, spreadsheets and presentations and collaborate with your internal teams/customers in real-time. Since this is a browser based application, there is no setup required.
- Microsoft Office Web Apps – provides a full-featured office suite available on web and enables you to collaborate with you colleagues in an easy manner.
- Windows Live Skydrive – allows users to share any kind of documents online by just creating a free account. The Skydrive can be mapped on your Windows and Mac and can act just like any other drive. So the document which you add in this drive or make changes, are available to all other team members/users.
- DropBox – Provides a real-time synchronizing between your multiple computers, smartphones, tablets etc ans store the data in cloud too.
- Stixy – It is a flexible online bulletin board or a drawing board. It is a great whiteboarding application and allows members to go in and modify the design and post notes.
- WatchDox – provides sharing of data with much higher level of control and security than standard web-based document sharing services.
- BaseCamp – is a web-based collaboration and project management tool
- Yammer – allows businesses to setup their own social media application quickly for instant business communication. Members can update their profile, with contact information and photographs, post messages, respond to comments etc.
- Google Calendar – allows easy sharing of your calendar with other people in your organization. Company-wide calendar can also be setup which can cite all the meetings, seminars, project deadlines etc.